Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Keli works on K Street

After my first day of work at Spectrum Science Communications, my reaction is: "How the hell am I going to write a 20-page research paper, take a class, see the sights, go to work, feed myself, and going out?" Other than that, the day turned out OK. I will have the chance to do a little bit of everything--media monitoring, research, preparing press kits, running errands, surfing the Internet when no one is looking, etc. I have a mentor who is a former UCSD student, and I'm already tight with the VP of Operations. There is a stocked kitchen with a limitless supply of coffee, soda, juice, water, and snacks. There is one annoying thing about this position, besides the remedial intern duties, which is the fact that I'm pretty much working in a freakin law office. I have to punch in a billing code for every little task I complete, such as printing a single sheet of paper. My time is billed based on what assignments I finish for different accounts. But, beggars can't be choosers, at least I'm getting paid.

No comments: